You already know that GETTR is the platform for free speech, and we've grown rapidly as a community. We're committed to remaining viewpoint-neutral and bias-free, and we all want to express our views without fear of being "cancelled." The GETTR Community Guidelines are designed to ensure that user-generated content is safe and legally compliant for all users.
- Harassment and Bullying
- Hateful Behavior
- Safety of Minors
- Self-Harm and Dangerous Acts
- Nudity and Sexual Activity
- Misrepresentation, Scams, and Spam
- Potentially Illegal Activities
- Weapons, Drugs, and Regulated Goods
- Intellectual Property
- Platform Security
- Verified Accounts
- Report Content
- Appealing a Moderation Decision
The GETTR Community Guidelines apply to all user-generated content, including text posts, comments, images, videos, and profile pages.
Harassment and Bullying
- Do not participate in or encourage "doxxing" or "swatting," under any circumstance.
- We prohibit threatening, encouraging, or engaging in behavior to "dox" (i.e., distributing personal information for malicious purposes) or "swat" (i.e., maliciously sending a SWAT team or other law enforcement officials to another person's location).
- Do not engage in sexual harassment or unwanted or inappropriate sexual behavior directed at another individual, regardless of intent, including attempts to make unwanted sexual contact with others.
- Do not post or engage with content that reveals personally identifiable information (including, but not limited to, residential addresses, email addresses and phone numbers that are not available to the general public, banking information, social security / national ID numbers, and passport numbers), or post or engage with content with the intention of blackmailing another individual.
- We do not allow content that disparages victims of violent tragedies, that depicts or threatens willful physical harm, or that wishes death or grievous injury on an individual.
- We do not tolerate members of our community being harassed or incessantly bullied, particularly in cases that would reasonably cause severe psychological distress.
- Do express yourself about matters of public interest, such as making critical comments about public figures, policies, and political news about those figures. However, death threats, threats of bodily harm, or threats to engage in other illegal conduct toward public figures or their family members is not permitted (as is the case with non-public figures).
- Do not engage in cyberstalking or attempt to evade other users' decisions to mute you or block you on the platform.
- Do not post or engage with content that involves the use of racial or religious epithets. Such content generally will be deleted, but if you think the moderation action was made in error, you should appeal it.
- We currently use an automated system that recognizes, and generally auto-deletes, swastikas and other Nazi symbols, in order to comply with international laws regarding the display of Nazi symbols on social media platforms accessible in certain countries. We know that you might be using these symbols in content that criticizes Nazism, relates to Holocaust remembrance and education, or relates to newsworthy or historical events, but to ensure that your content is preserved on our platform, we encourage you to try to post your content without featuring the swastika symbol.
- Do not engage in recruitment activities for organizations committed to racial or religious exclusion.
- Do not post or engage with content that endorses violence against, or promotes segregation of, individuals or groups merely on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender or sexual orientation. GETTR does not forbid discussions and comments of sensitive topics relating to these characteristics. However, users should not promote violence or other illegal activity of any kind.
- Do not threaten, endorse, or encourage assault or other physical harm toward an individual or a group.
- Do not encourage others to bring weapons to a location with the intent to intimidate or threaten others with violence, and do not provide instructions on how to make or use illegal weapons (or legal weapons for illegal purposes).
- Do not post or engage with content that promotes designated terrorist organizations or other non-state armed groups that commit acts of violence against civilians.
- Do not post or engage with content that is gratuitously shocking, sadistic, or gruesome, or that promotes or glorifies extreme violence or suffering.
- Do not post or engage with content that depicts torture, violent or graphic deaths or accidents, dismembered, mutilated, charred, or burned human remains, or gore in which an open wound or injury is the core focus. This does not mean that you cannot share content about current events, newsworthy events, and historical events; we'll take those factors into serious consideration when reviewing reports we receive about user content.
- To the extent that you wish to share content raising awareness about alleged crimes, misconduct, or potential human rights violations, do not do so in a way that infringes on the privacy or dignity of others, especially alleged victims.
- Images and videos of alleged sexual assaults are absolutely forbidden, in all circumstances. The sharing or re-sharing of such content will result in permanent bans, without exception. If you encounter this kind of content on our platform, please immediately alert us by reporting the post or the user.
- If you want to share images or videos of alleged misconduct or crimes, particularly of a sexual nature, because you believe or are concerned that a crime may have been committed or may be underway, you should not post or link to such content on GETTR. Instead, you should immediately and directly contact law enforcement authorities, without hesitation.
- You can report a threat or federal crime (including violations of federal law, suspected terrorism, and threats to national security) to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) at tips.fbi.gov or 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324).
- If you believe or are concerned that an emergency is in progress, and you are located in the U.S., immediately contact 911. If you are located outside of the U.S., immediately contact the emergency law enforcement contacts where you are located.
- When sharing images or videos of concerning violent events, images and videos of all parties' faces should be blurred (especially alleged victims), and personally identifiable information should be redacted. Your desire to raise awareness about potential misconduct is commendable—but "doxxing" is never permitted, even if accidental.
Safety of Minors
- GETTR is not a platform for minors under the age of 16.
- Do not engage in content that promotes or might contribute to the physical or mental abuse, neglect, endangerment, or disparagement of minors, or that depicts or promotes sexual contact, abuse, or exploitation of or with minors. If you are attempting to report potentially criminal misconduct, please know that posting on GETTR is not a substitute for reporting a potential crime to law enforcement authorities. Always directly report suspicious and criminal activity directly to law enforcement authorities closest to you.
- Do not post or link to any images or videos of harm toward minors.
- Grooming behaviors are prohibited. This includes behavior where an adult builds (or may be attempting to build) an emotional relationship with a minor to gain the minor's trust for the purposes of future or ongoing sexual contact, sexual abuse, trafficking, or other exploitation, through inappropriate or excessive flattery or compliments, requests for contact (whether on or off our platform), requests for personal information, sexual solicitations or comments, and/or gift-giving.
- Use of the platform to engage in, incite, or support crimes against minors is strictly prohibited. These crimes include: sexual abuse or assault, molestation, murder, physical abuse or neglect, abduction, parental kidnapping, child trafficking, exploitation of minors for prostitution, live online sexual abuse of a minor, sexual exploitation of minors in the context of travel and tourism, attempts to obtain or distribute child sexual abuse material, and the production, possession, or distribution of child sexual abuse materials.
- Do not ever post or engage with content that depicts, promotes, normalizes, or glorifies pedophilia or the sexual assault of a minor.
- Do not post or engage with content that revictimizes or capitalizes on minor victims of abuse via third party reshares or reenactments of such crimes against minors or of confessions to such behavior in which a minor's name is used.
Self-Harm and Dangerous Acts
- Do not post or engage with content depicting, promoting, normalizing, encouraging, or glorifying activities that promote suicide or self-harm.
- Do not post or engage with content showing people partaking in, or encouraging others to partake in, dangerous activities that reasonably may lead to serious injury or death, whether attempted or not.
Nudity and Sexual Activity
- We do not allow the depiction, including digitally created or manipulated content, of nudity or sexual activity, including content that overtly reveals topless women, private parts, or explicit sex acts. We prohibit any solicitation of nude imagery or sexual contact, especially through blackmail or any other means of coercion. We prohibit direct external linking to pornographic images and videos.
- We prohibit content depicting or promoting non-consensual sexual acts, sexual violence, solicitation of sex (prostitution), and the sharing of non-consensual intimate imagery (e.g., "revenge porn").
- We prohibit sexual exploitation, including any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, power, or trust for sexual purposes, and including profiting monetarily, socially, or politically from the sexual exploitation of others.
Misrepresentation, Scams, and Spam
- Do not misrepresent yourself on the platform, such as by using fake or "bot" accounts, creating fake engagement, impersonating any person or entity, or posting information that you actually know to be false.
- While impersonation is prohibited, we generally allow clearly identifiable parody and fan accounts.
- Exception: parody accounts of GETTR Support and other official GETTR accounts are forbidden on the GETTR platform in all circumstances, due to the potential for misleading guidance about GETTR standards to be shared on the platform by GETTR parody accounts, and due to the potential for phishing (e.g., attempts to steal passwords or other user information) via GETTR parody accounts.
- We reserve the right to suspend parody accounts that we believe are being used to deceive users—but we will give you an opportunity to update your profile first. If you think we've failed to do this, contact us.
- Do not engage in (or attempt to engage in) selling or buying of interactions/engagement on the platform, such as likes, shares, comments, or followers, or distribute spam, or engage in repetitive mass-tagging.
- Do not post digital forgeries that you know are inauthentic, such as falsified documents, photographs and videos.
- We strictly forbid attempts to exploit our platform to take advantage of the trust of our users, especially when such conduct may bring about financial harm, including schemes to defraud individuals or steal assets.
- Do not engage in phishing, promote Ponzi schemes, multi-level marketing programs, or pyramid schemes, promote investment schemes with promises of high returns, engage in "fixed" betting, or engage in any other types of scams.
Potentially Illegal Activities
- Do not communicate or otherwise provide instructions, guidance, or suggestions about engaging in criminal activities or about evading prosecution for criminal activities, either in general or at any level of specificity.
- Do not engage in criminal activities or promote such activities, including theft, assault, kidnapping, human exploitation, counterfeiting, or other illegal behavior.
- We prohibit the promotion or facilitation of criminal activities, including human exploitation (e.g., human smuggling, bonded labor, domestic servitude, sex trafficking, or prostitution).
- We prohibit content that offers the purchase, sale, trade, or solicitation of unlawfully acquired or counterfeit goods.
- We do not allow content that facilitates the illegal trade of protected animals.
Weapons, Drugs, and Regulated Goods
- GETTR is not a firearms retailer, or a marketplace for any controlled substances, alcohol, or tobacco products.
- Do not use the GETTR platform to evade or violate laws relating to the sale, trade, or use of firearms or regulated goods.
- Do not post or engage with information on how to manufacture illegal weapons.
- Do not post or engage in content that provides information on how to obtain illegal or controlled substances or how to abuse legal substances.
- The use of the GETTR platform to buy, sell, or trade prescription medications for the prevention, management, treatment, or curing of any medical condition, illness, disease, or disorder (whether related to physical health or mental health) is not permitted.
- For the avoidance of doubt, discussions on the GETTR platform about medical products, other pharmaceutical interventions, and medical devices, are not forbidden, but such discussions are never to be interpreted as medical advice, regardless of the source (even if the source is a GETTR user who claims to be a healthcare professional, and even if the user is Verified).
- Do not engage in unlawful gambling activity on the GETTR platform; such activities are strictly forbidden on our platform.
- Do not excessively promote gambling activity.
- Do not encourage or engage in gambling activities with individuals under the age of 21 or with individuals who you know are in jurisdictions in which such activities are forbidden.
- Please be aware that laws and regulations relating to gambling (including, but not limited to, online gambling) vary considerably across jurisdictions. Users are responsible for knowing and complying with all applicable laws and regulations relating to gambling.
- Please be aware that GETTR is not liable for any losses arising from gambling activity that users discuss, including but not limited to gambling activities carried out via external links. Additionally, please be aware that conversations and external links promoting or encouraging gambling could lead to negative impacts on your well-being and that of your loved ones. Further, please be aware that such conversations and external links may be phishing attempts by individuals seeking to engage in fraud or other kinds of harmful behavior.
- Gambling Addiction Help:
- Individuals in the U.S. who are seeking help in overcoming gambling addiction and related issues are encouraged to contact the National Problem Gambling Helpline at 1 (800) 522-4700.
- Individuals outside of the U.S. who are seeking help in overcoming gambling addiction and related issues are encouraged to seek out similar resources that may be available in other countries, such as those listed on the International Problem Gambling Help Contacts page maintained by the National Council of Problem Gambling, or other resources available in your country of residence.
- Do not infringe on others' intellectual property rights, including copyright / trademark infringement.
- Do not use automated scripts to collect information from the platform.
- Do not hack the platform or associated networks, systems, or repositories.
- Do not engage in spoofing, phishing, or other social engineering techniques against (or otherwise involving) GETTR or its users.
- Do not distribute files that may contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or other code, software, or other materials that are (or may be) malicious or harmful.
- Do not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or create any derivative products based on, or related to, the GETTR platform.
- Do not attempt to regenerate any source code, algorithms, methods, or techniques that are associated with, used by, or embodied in the GETTR platform.
- When applying for a GETTR Verified account, answer all questions in the application truthfully.
- Do not trade, sell, or transfer your GETTR Verified account to any other person or entity; such actions may result in permanent revocation of your Verified status and a permanent ban of your account.
- If you believe that you have encountered content on our platform that should be reviewed, please reach out to our Moderation Team by clicking the (...) button on a post or profile.
Appealing a Moderation Decision
- If you think content has been moderated in error, please first review the Community Guidelines, and then submit an appeal to our Support Team.